Saturday, October 16, 2010

English Class = Perserverence Class

I've got this student. 
Last semester he was hopeless.  He understood literally nothing.  He didn't even fully understand the concept of two different languages.  I mimed everything.  He needed help with every question on every activity.
But, dude. 
This week we had two...count 'em two!...conversations in English.  He explained to me why he was late to class and why he needed to skip out on another class.  Now granted, the conversations were something to the effect of "Me go Teacher Manu Teacher Keilha want me". 
But he understood my question and I understood his answer. 
And it was English! 
This kid has gone from an infant's language skills to a toddler's language skills in a relatively short time.  It's kinda cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment