Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cooking Day

Have I ever told you how much I enjoy cooking?
I do.
As long as there isn't some deadline looming over my head.
Like the end of a grading period.
Or emails that need to be sent.
Or an apartment that needs to be cleaned by six o'clock, when it will be invaded by unusual, uncanny, and underhanded folks.
But, if those deadlines have passed,
If parent-teacher conferences were last week,
If the emails are answered,
And only usual, canny, sufficiently handed folks will be in my apartment,
I love it.
Sunday is my day off,
Which means it's often cooking day.
Modifying or rejecting recipes based on their ingredient list is the norm.
Marshmallows.
Peanut butter.
Cheddar cheese.
Hard/impossible to find and/or expensive.
Until today pumpkin was on that list too.
There's lots of pumpkin here,
But in my mind
Changing a big ol' pumpkin into the stuff you get out of a can
Was way too much work.
But there was this recipe.
I knew the moment I saw it.
I had to make it.
Pumpkin granola.
FYI:  making pumpkin puree is super easy.
Menu for the week:
Pumpkin Granola
Pumpkin Latte
Italian Chicken Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment