Saturday, August 8, 2009

First Week of School

The first week of school is over. The building is quiet. I'm tired.
This week was good. Fun. I like teaching.
There are difficulties.
Like Wednesday, when I was trying to control fourteen 4-5 year-olds. The room was way too small. My lesson didn't last long enough. Most of the kids looked at me as if they had never heard English in their lives. That was tough. Real tough.
But a few changes were made and English was successfully taught the rest of the week.
No sweaty, red faced Emily.
My other classes have been really good.
I actually didn't get much complaining for taking a class's weekly hot chocolate and movie days away. Yeah. I'm not as fun as the last teacher.
But, I'm excited for this semester.
We have some great teachers, some good idea, and some fantastic kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment