Saturday, September 5, 2009

Life

So, I've been in Brazil for a month. Crazy. I've been told that I need an update-y post. Problem is that the being a missionary isn't nearly as exotic as the general American public believes it is. Most people expect me to post things about being in the Amazon or being in some crazy situation. But the truth is that I live many kilometers from the Amazon and the crazy situations that arise are just a part of my life here. It feels normal. Things happen that I take note of...but they are things that are just part of the flow of the every day journey. So, here's your update. But don't expect it to be about snakes and savages, k?

Alrighty. I've been teaching. A lot. Kindergarten English classes, first through third intermediate English , fourth through seventh advanced English, math & science for first through seventh, advanced (which is really a more advanced beginner's class) English for teachers, & advanced English for adults in a little town called Lagoa de Itaenga. Aaand...that's about it.

Ok. There's more. But I'm tired. And I'm going to sleep now. More to come later.
Thanks for your prayers and emails this past month. What a blessing so many of you have been!

No comments:

Post a Comment