Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanks

You know when you're with someone you love and there aren't words to express the level of gratitude you have for them, so you just put your head on their shoulder and say "thanks" and that's enough?
That's what I feel like right now.
I could make a list three miles long, but all those words wouldn't say what I want to convey.
I understand that there are times to list everything you're thankful for. I understand that that is a healthy practice. But sometimes I feel like a little kid who babbles "thanks for the house and thanks for the car and thanks for the red crayon and thanks for the yellow crayon and thanks for the green crayon and thanks for the shoes and thanks for the shampoo and thanks for the ducks and thanks for the hammocks and thanks for the..."
I think I'd rather be like the kid who just puts her head on her Dad's shoulder and whispers "thanks" in an honest way.

No comments:

Post a Comment