Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hi Message!

So, I had this assignment due tonight. A little known fact is that, I, Emily Taylor, am a perfectionist. Sigh...I hate turning in work that I don't have a complete grasp on. But after way too many hours of work, it was turned it. I wasn't happy about it, though.

Then I got home, where I found a message from my brother, Andy, and my nephews, James (5) & Josh (3). Seriously now. Best.message.ever.

The words in italics were said to me. The rest were overheard amongst the men.
James: Umm...Hey Emily, I'm sorry I didn't call you in three days. Ummm....we're at home on a rainy day. It's almost Spring. Soo, we're just sittin' on the couch and readin' books right now. This is your nephew, James. Bye!
Andy: No! Let Josh talk.
Josh: 'Ello! (long pause)
Andy: Leave a message.
Josh: Hi Message!
Andy: No. Say "Hi Emily"
Josh: Hi Emily!
James: Say "This is Josh"
Josh: It's Josh.
James: And now say a lot of things that you know.
Andy: Say "We miss you".
Josh: We miss you.
Andy: Anything else?
Josh: Her not answering me.
Andy: And ask her if she...say "I want to build a fort when you get back"
Josh: I want to build a fort when you get back.
James: Did you see the frog?!
Josh: Yeah.
James: Dad!
Andy: And...how...about...you hope she's doing alright.
Josh: Are you doin' alright?
Andy: And say "I hope you have a good sleepin'"
Josh: I...
James: And tell her that we hope we get a Frosty sometime when she gets back.
Andy: Say "goodnight".
Josh: Good night!
Andy: And say I love you James.
Josh: I love you, James!
Andy: No James, say "I love you, Emily".
James: I love you, Emily!
Andy: Alright say buh-bye.
Josh: Buh-bye
Andy: Bye Emily!
Josh: How you turn dis off?
Andy: You press this. Press this button.

How could I be frustrated after hearing a message like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment