Saturday, January 22, 2011

Blogging

The other day I was thinking about this blog and wondering why I keep it up.
"I really hate it!", I thought.
But, then I had to stop myself.
Because I know I don't hate it.
I know that there are times when I have to save material for the next month,
so I don't go over my quota of three posts each month.
I know there are times I wonder why I made the quota three and not four or more.
Then I realized,
I hate posting when there's a lot going on,
When I have lots to write about but not enough time to process it all.
Sometimes I feel like writing about one thing makes everything else seem less important.
Do I write about the pain of leaving the U.S.
Or the joy of being in Brazil?
The wonderful evenings in the States
Or the beautiful mornings in Brazil?
And so, I write & erase, and write & erase
Over and over again,
Looking for ways to include everyone
And their unique and lovely characteristics
Into one paragraph that doesn't exceed my attention span.

No comments:

Post a Comment