Sunday, June 21, 2009

Here I Raise My Ebenezer

Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, saying, "Thus far has the Lord helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12
In the Old Testament, alters were often built to emphasize the nature of the Lord and what He had brought His people through. I'm not going to use stones, but I do want to praise the Lord with emphasis.

During the different segments that create "life since college", I have often not fully understood much of anything. I have often questioned the Lord. But as I look back over these years, I see that things have worked together for good. And even if I can't see the outcome on some issues, even if right now I don't see the things working together for good, I will rest on the Lord and His record of Love.
And so, I say "Thus far has the Lord helped me."


No comments:

Post a Comment