Thursday, June 25, 2009

That Church is Full of What?

I drove by a church tonight. Its sign out front said "Welcome World Changers". While I'm sure there's some group called World Changers that they were welcoming to their church, it got me thinking.
Church members should be called World Changers. Because if they are effectively living out what God calls them to do, the world will change. But then I thought, maybe I'm thinking too big here. Very few people set out to change the world. They affect the people around them, and that changes the world. So, maybe People Changers is a better name. But then I thought that sounded too much like "Hey PERSON! Change! Now!" Which would be weird, because if somebody told me that, I'd be wondering if they wanted me to go change my clothes or something. Plus, you can't change other people, people change themselves, you can only really influence people. So, I jumped over to Self Changers. But then I realized that if Christians were all true Self Changers, changing into the image of Jesus Christ, then other people would be inspired and alot more people outside the church would want to to change themselves too and when people change, the world changes. So, maybe World Changers is a good name for church members. So, then I got to thinking, maybe we could shorten it a little bit to WCs...but that may confuse the British.

2 comments:

  1. I like what you said about being Self Changers. But what's the correlation with the British and WC? Sorry I'm a dummy I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WC is a shortened form of Water Closet, which is what the British call toilets that flush.

    ReplyDelete