Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Passing of the Past Year

A purple polka-dotted panda brought a plain pre-released year to the picnic table where I paused. The panda said "Please, ma'am, pick up the past year and put it in my paw. I present you with a replacement for the one pending an ending". I pouted for a moment, perusing the past pleasantries of the year passed. I pleaded with the panda not to place the past year in the posthumous log of people and pandas. But as I pouted, the panda pocketed my year and propelled himself past me. In spite of my pleadings, he pitched the plain year on the picnic table and proceeded. And now I ponder what I perceived. The purple polka-dotted panda presents new years and packs the past no matter how pertinacious I may be.

1 comment:

  1. Pertinacious. Now there's a word you don't hear every day.
    Great post. Thanks for making me laugh!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete